Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cranial sacral massage

About a year ago a friend told me she took her daughter to Kim Kee here in Marquette for cranial sacral massage therapy.  She said she believes it helps with sensory integration.  I decided to give it a try.  I got on Kim's waiting list and after several weeks, we found a mutually agreeable time. 

Kim runs a business called Essential Kneads with her brother, Bruce Kee.  They're located on the top floor of the beautiful old city hall building next to the post office on Washington St.

Cranial sacral massage is one of those topics I feel like I'm in over my head on as soon as I open my mouth.   I don't really understand it, but I have been hearing about cranial sacral massage being used with ASD kids from several sources.  I found this article online, and if you're interested, Kim can tell you more.  Her schedule is tight, but Bruce is just getting certified now to work with children as well and I've heard good reports on his work.

I now take Erin in every three weeks.  The first time we went it was a bit of circus as she wouldn't hold still.  Then each time since, she will hold still a little bit longer.  We both like going-- I think it makes her feel better, and I feel like I am in an oasis of tranquility when I enter Kim's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.