Friday, May 8, 2015

Get involved in special education

I recently got the following from Lisa Casper about a Michigan Alliance for Families workshop in Munising:

The MAF workshop called Serving on Special Education Committees registration deadline is this Friday 5/8.  In order to host the workshops, I need to have a minimum number registered.  I’ve only met that number in one of the three workshops that I am offering around the W. UP next week.   

The presenter, Jessie Morton is a wealth of information.  She has had 20+ years of personal experience serving on special education committees from the local to the state level.  She has tips for both parents serving and the chairs running the meetings.  Serving on special education committees is a way that parents can have a voice in special education systems at both a local and state level.  Parent who are concerned about time, need not worry about the commitment level as each ISD or RESA has a Parent Advisory Committee for Special Education and any parent is welcome to attend whether or not they are officially on the committee. 

Come to the workshop and find out more!  Free pizza will be served.  I have childcare for the Houghton workshop.  Gas cards are available for parents who are driving long distances.  I hope to see you there.

Please e-mail me at lisa@michiganallianceforfamilies.org or call at (906) 483-0442, if you are interested in attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.