Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why is autism on the rise?

 The following story is off the TV6 news website.  I got a call this morning from a reporter that wanted to do a story on Autism, and a few group members tipped her off about our support group.  I guess they have a little contest on their facebook page where the audience gets to choose a topic they'd like covered in a feature story.  I saw Rebecca today at the Bell Teal Lake offices and she let me know that autism won out over poison ivy and ... what was it?  sunsceen?  something we all care less about than ASD, I am sure. 

Why is autism on the rise?: "The autism population is growing each year, so much so that autism support groups are now available in the U.P."

1 comment:

  1. Hi, yea I was one that tipped them off abt the group,, as so many were voting for Autism,, I told them if they were going to cover Autism they needed to report on the support group at Peter White Library,, glad it got some coverage,,,

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.