Monday, June 25, 2012

First Virtual Meeting

Just finished chatting with Tammy Krassick, a health and wellness practioner in Escanaba who specializes in autism therapies from a natural perspective.  She was the only other person to log-in to our first virtual meeting via clobby, a chat application on Facebook.  Tammy has a 13 year old son who now has almost no autism.  To learn more about what you does in her practice, you can visit her website at http://healthinfo.vpweb.com/.

The chat format seemed to work fine.  I did hear from another mom who is interested in being able attend virtual meetings in the future if we can do so from the blog and bypass Facebook.  So I will look into that.  I'm also not entirely comfortable with the Facebook environment.

There's one more thing I had hoped to bring up at the virtual meeting, but didn't do to lack of local participants.  I talked to a member of the Marquette Access Group today.  There had been a movement to establish a "low tone zone" at the Fourth of July parade this year where those with hearing sensitivities could count on a less raucous noise level.  Unfortunately, the parade commission, though interested, didn't feel they could enforce the policy.  So not this year, but Marquette Access Group does want to try again for next year.  If this sounds like something you would like to get involved in to help make it happen, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for chatting with me...I am looking forward to being involved in your group :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.