Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sensory Processing Disorder and other comorbid conditions

First off, happy new year!  Sorry the blog's been a little quiet over the holidays.  I do have a few items on my desk that I'd like to blog about and will hopefully get to most of them in next few days before the meeting on Wednesday. 

Got a question today that I had been expecting and thought I'd take a minute to make it clear to anyone who was curious: I'd like for this group to be as inclusive as it can be.  I think there are a lot of us who have kids with multiple diagnosis and certainly multiple issues.  Truly, we represent a spectrum, and I am open to defining that spectrum as broadly as needed.  Sensory processing disorder is certainly part of my daughter's mix, and I have included sensory friendly activities, supports and resources here and plan to continue to do so.  In our family we are also probably looking at ADHD.  Others are likely dealing with seizure and anxiety disorders.  I say lets go ahead and share as much information as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.