Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Temple Grandin movie in April

I just learned that the library has the right to publicly show the Temple Grandin movie, and they have agreed to co-sponsor a special screening with us in April in honor of National Autism Awareness Month.  The movie will be shown in the Peter White Public Library Community Room on Monday, April 11 at 7:00.  This event will be free and open to the public.  Hopefully we can use this event to generate autism awareness in the community and help get the word out about this new support group. 

This HBO movie won 5 Emmy's last year, and Claire Danes won another best actress award from the Golden Globes this month for this role.  I have to admit, I really didn't think Claire Danes was a good casting choice, but when I reviewed the movie a week ago, I was very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.