Friday, December 9, 2011

Sensory friendly film at library 1/7/2012

We'll be showing another sensory friendly film at Peter White Public Library on Saturday, January 7 at 1:30 p.m. in the Community Room.  I chose Mary Poppins, hoping that an older film might have a more consistent sound levels--in the the last film the sound effects and music were much louder than the dialog, making it hard to find a good volume level for our audience.  This classic movie, staring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, won five Oscars and features lots of great songs and dance numbers.  It runs a bit long at 139 minutes so I would go ahead and encourage walking around, if needed.  I think I'll take a poll at the beginning to see if the audience would like an intermission half-way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Include contact informatin if you want me to reply.